| The Town of Oakland, established in 1887, is one of the oldest municipalities in Orange County. In fact, we are celebrating our 125th Anniversary this year. Years ago we were a major center of commerce with a thriving downtown that boasted an opera house and a number of commercial establishments.
Today, we are a diverse, thriving and growing small community noted for our laid-back lifestyle and majestic oak trees. We operate under a Commission/Manager form of local government with a Mayor, Kathy Stark and four Commissioners elected at-large.
Located between Lake Apopka and John’s Lake, Oakland has a rich history of railroads and agriculture. In 1999, the Friends of Lake Apopka formed the Oakland Nature Preserve to restore and preserve an area adjacent to Lake Apopka to educate future generations on this area ‘as it was’ before development.
|The Town of Surfside is a beautiful oceanfront community located in the tropical paradise of South Florida. Incorporated in 1935, the Town is home to approximately 5,800
residents and includes a tranquil and attractive residential neighborhood, multi-family condominimum and appartment buildings, a traditional "home town" business district as well as tourist facilities that welcomes visitors year round.
Surfside is situated between the City of Miami Beach to the South and the Village of Bal Harbour to the North., located along the beautiful Atlantic Ocean, in southeast Florida.
Surfside has its own wonderful business and commercial district with fine restaurants, all reasonably priced, and a great variety of stores and services. Hotels and resorts provide acommodations for all tastes and budgets.
|Located at the top of Old Tampa Bay is the City of Oldsmar, a small unique city in Pinellas County. With its rich history, strategic location in the Bay
area, various recreational activities, and small town charm, Oldsmar has much to offer businesses, residents and visitors.
Oldsmar is a vibrant and unique community with its waterfront shoreline, small-town ambiance, landscaped boulevards, one-of-a kind restaurants, shopping, economic development, year round special events, sports and athletic fields, and abundant parks and preserves, making Oldsmar a great place to live, work, play and stay.
Oldsmar is within 20 minutes of Gulf beaches, two international airports, professional sports arenas, universities, hospitals, golf resorts, Florida's interstates, prime shopping malls, renowned restaurants, and entertainment venues. Nearly 14,000 residents call Oldsmar "home" (census) while the workforce and shoppers populate the city daily by an additional 27,000. Oldsmar's economic and residential communities continue to grow at a steady rate making the area highly desirable.
|The City of Oak Hill is the southern most city in Southeast Volusia County. The location is rich in early Florida history. It was
the site of an Indian village called Surruque el Viejo near el Baradero de Suroc, which was seen on LeMoyne’s map of 1564. Several English settlers were in the area during the later 1700’s. Seminole Wars chased away northern timber cutters who named their camp Oak Hill. Arad Sheldon, a resident of that time 1856, took the four bodies massacred just to the north by wagon to New Smyrna Beach.
The City of Oak Hill was first chartered in 1927. Local government was based on a Mayor/Commission with each commissioner functioning as head of a municipal department. The city was later disbanded in 1930. The country was in a depression and the city petitioned the government to inactivate the charter, which was granted. The city later petitioned the government in 1962 to reactivate the charter. Clarence Goodrich was the city's mayor from 1963 to 1989, Mayor Goodrich's term as Mayor spanned 26 years as the longest term any mayor has held in the State of Florida.
Today, the City of Oak Hill is valiantly working towards improving its economic, environmental, and cultural standing, while preserving the richness of its history and heritage, so that residents can enjoy the changes that progress brings in these new times without losing the precious quality of days gone by.
|Prior to 1940, most of what is now
North Bay Village lay beneath the waters of Biscayne Bay. The only dry land was Broadcast Key, a five-acre island from which pioneer radio station WIOD began broadcasting in 1926. Today, television station WSVN-TV maintains its headquarters at this same site, now joined with Treasure Island.
In 1940, dredging and bulk-heading created North Bay Island. By 1941, palm-lined streets had been laid out, and 12 homes had been built and occupied. Today, the Island has grown into a lush neighborhood of attractive single-family residences.
During the mid 1940’s dredging and filling created Harbor Island and Treasure Island. Harbor Island is composed primarily of multi-family buildings. Treasure Island whose street name was drawn from Robert Louis Stevenson’s classic adventure novel Treasure Island, is a mixture of single family dwellings and multifamily dwellings. Treasure Island’s streets took their names from the novel too such as Cutlass, Buccaneer, Hispanola and even Pirate’s Alley.
North Bay Village was incorporated in 1945. Harbor Island and Treasure Islands were annexed several years later. Broadcast Key, also known as Cameo Island, was annexed in 1963. During its early years, North Bay Village was primarily a haven for winter residents. The city became widely known for its popular restaurants and nightclubs, which attracted celebrities like Frank Sinatra and Judy Garland.
|The Town of Palm Shores is a
close-knit community of approximately 900 residents and 75 businesses. The Town is located in the area known as the Space Coast in east central Brevard County along a portion of the historic US Highway 1 (designated as the Indian River Lagoon Scenic Highway) between Post Road and The Pineda Causeway. The Town limit extends west on the Pineda Causeway across the East Coast Railway to Wickham Road.
Centrally situated close to many other desirable communities, we are bordered to the east by the Indian River Lagoon, are just a few miles north of Melbourne, due south of Rockledge and Cocoa and less than 5 minutes from the Banana River, Patrick Air Force Base and the Atlantic Ocean and its’ famous beaches.
Our picturesque community is also known as the “The Little Town That Cares,” as we are proud of that title.
|The City of Deltona is diverse with cultures and citizens that come together as one to keep their City beautiful, safe and well
informed. The City's official flower is the Red Ruffle Azalea, and the Florida Scrub Jay, the City's official bird, is abundant throughout the City as well. Deltona came into being as a City in 1995, and is changing and improving daily. With almost 90,000 residents, people of all ages are accommodated with social/sports events to fill their days and reach out to others.
The first inhabitants of southwest Volusia County were Nomadic Timucuans who found fish and fresh water plentiful in the area. After Florida became a state in 1845, steamboats began to make regular trips up the St. Johns River to Lake Monroe. Visitors and residents poured into the State, and a community grew up on the shores of Lake Monroe at the steamboat landing. Called Enterprise, the little town soon boasted a schoolhouse (built in 1863) and two churches.
At about the same time the Baron Frederick DeBary, New York agent for Mumm's Champagne, arrived in the area. He bought several hundred acres near Enterprise to use as a hunting and fishing preserve. In 1871, DeBary built a winter home where he entertained such notables as Presidents Grant and Cleveland and members of Europe's royalty. Baron DeBary died in 1898 at the age of 84. The DeBary Mansion is currently undergoing restoration.
DeLand, located in Volusia County, Florida, is one of the state’s small town treasures. DeLand is the county seat as well as a college town, with Stetson University’s campus classified as a National Historic District. The downtown, lined with notable gift
shops and restaurants, has been recognized as a national Mainstreet program. Special events focus on culture and the arts, history, hospitality and lifestyle.
Tree shaded streets adorned with handsome homes cocoon the campus of Florida's oldest private college, Stetson University. Stetson's presence enhances the community's rich cultural offerings with theater, recitals, museums and a vibrant speakers program.
The Town of St. Leo is located in northeastern Pasco County, Florida, and is part of the Tampa-St. Petersburg metropolitan area. The Town is located along S.R. 52 between the cities of San Antonio and Dade City. The town of St. Leo was
incorporated in 1891. The Town of St. Leo is home to St. Leo University, a private, non-profit, Roman Catholic university, founded in 1889. The 2008 full time student enrollment is St. Leo University is 1,600 of which 1,142 currently reside on campus. The University employs approximately 485 full time employees. The Town is also home to Holy Name Monastery and St. Leo Abbey. The development character of the Town is rural residential.
|The Town of Melbourne Beach was incorporated in 1923, with a population of a few hundred
residents. After experiencing several boom and bust periods, the population of the Town began to stabilize after the Second World War with growth occurring more evenly. Melbourne Beach is located in Brevard County Florida at latitude 28.068N and longitude of 80.56W in the Eastern Standard Time (EST) zone. The Town of Melbourne Beach is approximately 10ft. above sea level. The US Census declares that the current population of Melbourne Beach is 3175 with a median income of $57,035 annually.
The Ryckman House built in 1889 by Jacob Fox of pine and cypress with two rooms upstairs, a large room downstairs and a large porch. It was purchased by G. E. Ryckman who is listed as an Incorporator in the Melbourne and Atlantic Railroad Company.
e-City Services provides website design, content management and support services, along with e-Agenda Management and audio streaming of Town Council meetings (by EarthChannel).
The City of Rockledge is the oldest incorporated municipality in Brevard County, founded on the shoreline of the Indian River Lagoon on August 7, 1887. Rockledge covers approximately 11.5 square miles with a 2008 population of 25,698 residents as of April 1, 2008.
As a full service community, the City of Rockledge provides law enforcement, fire protection, including emergency medical technicians; garbage, trash and recycling collection; sanitary sewer services, including water reclamation; and a Public Works department responsible for streets, roads, sidewalks, drainage and other infrastructure. While Rockledge is primarily a residential community, it does have a stable industrial base of clean, light industry. Rockledge also enjoys a wide variety of available commercial centers to meet the needs of its residents and has one hospital, five public schools, three private schools and churches of various denominations.
e-City Services provides website design, content management and support services
The City of Atlantis is located in Palm Beach County Florida. The City, incorporated in 1959,
is home to the Atlantis Country Club and the Atlantis Golf Club.
This 834-acre development was formerly known as Mulberry Farms and owned by former State Senator Philip D. Lewis, who formed the Mission Company to raise Brahman cattle. In 1958, Nathan Hunt and Paul Kintz purchased this 828-acre ranch and the remaining two parcels along Lantana Road. With Engineers Brockway, Weber and Brockway, and Designer Ernest L. Green, they sought to develop what is known as one of the most aesthetically beautiful country club communities in the country.
Early development in 1960 and 1961 included the Atlantis Inn and Golf Clubhouse, along with the first 18-hole golf course.
The permanent population of Atlantis is 2005, with 1200 residences and an average year round occupancy of 70%. Besides over ten miles of streets, 43% of the total land area is devoted to recreation and permanent open space, 46.8% residential, and 10.2% commercial/office. JFK Medical Center is located in Atlantis. The Medical Center and the surrounding doctor's offices are the primary commercial industry in the city.
e-City Services provides website design, content management and support services, and municipal email services.
|The Town of Davie is home to over 90,000 residents who live across a lush 35 square miles within central
Broward. The Town's rural atmosphere, western theme district and sprawling educational complex foster an environment that separates Davie from all other municipalities in Broward County. Our green open spaces, numerous parks and over 165 miles of trail system along with the opportunity to live an equestrian lifestyle are amenities that you just can't find in today's growing South Florida.
Davie is ideally located among major thoroughfares such as the Ronald Reagan Turnpike, I-595, I-75, and is within a few minutes travel to the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport and Florida's deepest port, Port Everglades.
The Town of Davie is also the nexus of higher education in South Florida where several nationally known colleges, technical institutes, and universities make up the South Florida Educational Center. Plus, we have the privilege of calling Davie the home of the Miami Dolphins who practice daily at Nova Southeastern University!
e-City Services provides website design, content management and support services, along with video streaming (by EarthChannel) and Citizen Request Management( by GovQA)
|Incorporated August 20, 1963, Town of Ponce Inlet lies at the southern tip of the Daytona Beach peninsula in Volusia County.
Ponce Inlet's estimated population increased from 2,513 in April 1, 2000 and 3,271 in April 1, 2006, an increase of 30.2%.
Completed in 1887, the Ponce de Leon Inlet Light Station was built when the area was known as Mosquito Inlet. After decades of restoration by the Ponce de Leon Inlet Lighthouse Preservation Association, it stands today as one of the best preserved, most complete Light Stations in the nation.
Visited by over 80,000 people each year, the Ponce de Leon Inlet Light Station was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1998. The lighthouse tower and museum are located 12 miles south of Daytona Beach and are open to the public year round. The lighthouse is close to Orlando attractions, historic St. Augustine and the Kennedy Space Center. The Ponce Inlet Lighthouse is the tallest lighthouse in Florida and the second tallest lighthouse in the nation. Visitors who climb the 175-foot-tall lighthouse tower are treated to a magnificent view of the Florida coastline and Halifax River from Daytona Beach to New Smyrna Beach.
e-City Services provides website design, content management and
support services, along wth audio streaming of Council meetings (by EarthChannel).
|Madeira Beach is a city in Pinellas County, bordered on the west side
by the Gulf of Mexico. The population was 4,511 at the 2000 census. As of 2004, the population recorded by the U.S. Census Bureau is 4,492. Those living in this small (2 miles long) Florida city are within minutes of the beach if they don't live right on it already. The area is primarily residential with little or no industrial or sizeable service business. Residents are mostly supported by commercial interests outside the area and a large number of residents are retirees.
There were 2,528 households out of which the average household size was 1.78 and the average family size was 2.36. The median age is 48 years. For every 100 females there were 111.3 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 110.2 males. The median income for a household in the city is $36,671, and the median income for a family was $50,833.
e-City Services provides website design, content management and virtual webmaster services, along with video streaming (by EarthChannel).
|The Town of Malabar got its 1st official Post Office and name on December 24, 1883 when R. A.
Ward was named Postmaster by President Chester A. Arthur. Two Times a week, the boat that traveled down the Intracoastal waterway from Jacksonville would deliver the mail to the palmetto shack post office along the riverbank at Malabar. The mail was dumped on the counter for the population of 25 to shuffle through. With the coming of the railroad in 1893 the mail boat was no longer needed.
The community was named after Cape Malabar in Africa. The latitude of Malabar is 28.003N. The longitude is 80.565W.
It is in the Eastern Standard time zone. Elevation is 23 feetabove sea level. The estimated population, in 2010, was 2,757.
e-City Services provides website design, content management and support services.
|This quaint city of about 1,500 residents supports a business population base of over 20,000, and is located in Alachua County, population
250,000. Quality of life is excellent with close proximity to the University of Florida, three community colleges, and major hospitals. Hawthorne is a hub of recreation, with 400 lakes in the area and multiple opportunities for hunting, fishing, and biking.
e-City Services used an existing design for the website in order to save the City money. The content and navigation was converted into the Virtual Town Hall content management system (CMS) to allow City staff the ability to maintain the content and update the website with existing administrative staff.
|In the heart of South Florida, two major roads, East-West State Road 80 and North-South U.S. 27
intersect. At this crossroads, near the southern bank of Lake Okeechobee, is the City of South Bay. Rich black soil and the lakes vast waters make South Bay a haven for agriculture and recreation. With available labor, low taxes, willing government, and strong infrastructure, the city is well suited for virtually any industry -- from distribution to manufacturing to tourism and recreation.
Located in Western Palm Beach County, South Bay has maintained its small town appeal in one of the nation's booming areas. From 1980 to 1990, Palm Beach County increased in population by an average of five percent a year, ranking it as the third fastest growing major metropolitan area in the U.S. during the decade.
While the current estimates place South Bay's population in the incorporated city limits at more than 4,000 people, surrounding areas increase the population figures to 54,000 people in a 25-mile radius and more than 1.4 million in a 50-mile radius. Residents and businesses in South Bay have the best of both worlds-a quaint rural town near big city amenities.
e-City Services provides website design, content management and support services, and municipal email services.
|Only an hour from everywhere, from cosmopolitan Tampa, the finest white sand beaches of the Gulf Coast, the magic of Orlando, to the adventure
of Lake Okeechobee and the Everglades beyond, Wauchula is near and here for you.
Live, work and play in warmth of our weather's embrace and spacious freedom, where life's dream is filled with tropical colors and affordable like nowhere else. Visit Wauchula, where the Florida heartland beats strong for you."
Wauchula, the county seat of Hardee County, boasts a population of nearly 5,000 people. The community initially grew up around Fort Hartsuff, one of the many military forts during the Seminole Wars. The town was a veritable metropolis in rural central Florida in the early settlement days.
e-City Services provides virtual webmaster services for the City. City staff email changes and new content to ECS and we update the site and provide logical management of the site to make sure it is up-to-date and compliant with municipal best practices and ADA guidelines.
“Our vision for the CRA is to stimulate economic growth, promote private development opportunities, maintain a safe, prosperous community, all with a focus on improving the quality of life of our families and citizens.” Included in the site is the ability for local businesses to have a full web page advertisement, complete with a rotating photo gallery and downloadable coupons.